A fantastic art: Newcastle Nude
The pictures in Flickr:
and the news in BBC
After looking at the photos, I believe that the event is really fantastic. I regret that I knew it late (the day after).
Trying to embed Google Maps using its new API (Google now allows its maps to be embedded within a page):
The map can be dragged to go to other towns (or countries) and zoomed to see the streets.. cool!!
I will need to read its online documentation to see all the features..
Hero movie, starring: Jet Li – etc, tells about several people who initially intended to assassinate a king of Qin dynasty years ago.
Some messages from the film that I personally can catch:
- Sword and calligraphy are the same, as they represent truth and simplicity
- Sword and calligraphy are the same, in that we must know their true essence. Sword can be a symbol of a thing that can be used to kill people, so it can be dangerous. Calligraphy (Chinese calligraphy) can relate to culture that is natural and must be respected, so it can be astonishing and beautiful. Thus, dangerous things and beautiful things are the same, in that we must know their true essence.
- A hero holds the truth. He can die because of that but his death will bring messages one will never forget
- Emotion, anger and hate are conquered by true love
- ‘All below Heaven’. Fight and hate between two enemies are trivial, compared to huge effect they can yield. Just abort any revenge because a revenge can give bad effects to the entire world. In that film, Calligraphy has taught him not to revenge. Peace.
- Love is above all
- A power means a very powerful ability to deliver wisdom including forgiveness
- A weak king means a strong king who listens to his advisors more than to his own heart
..deep.. at this moment I can just guess what they mean..